Pacific School of Religion entered a partnership with the Center for Progressive Renewal (CPR) in 2010. The mission of CPR is to renew Progressive Christianity by training new entrepreneurial leaders, supporting the birth of new liberal/progressive congregations, and by renewing and strengthening existing progressive churches.
CPR and PSR are clearly working toward common goals. PSR has historic and contemporary presence, a rich foundation of scholars and scholarship, strong ecumenical ties, and a commitment to raising up progressive Christian leaders. PSR's
CPR has the same commitment to developing progressive Christian leaders with new technologies in an ecumenical context.
Together, CPR and PSR will serve and develop progressive Christian leadership through the following means:
- Offering a broad curriculum of courses, seminars, workshops, and more
- Connecting lay and ordained leaders across ecumenical boundaries
- Sharing faculty expertise
PSR offers continuing education units (CEUs) for selected CPR online courses:
- Church Planting 101
- Church Renewal
- The Socially Networked Church
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Small is Beautiful: Worship in the Small Church
- Small Church Ministry
- Leadership in a New Church Age
The CPR on Campus program brings CPR instructors to PSR in Berkeley: