SOCIAL MEDIA INTENSIVES
We are equipping progressive christian leaders with the tools they need for 21st Century ministry: use of Internet networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Blogging and online media tools such as YouTube and robust email campaign systems.
Social networking is more than just using the latest new technology for the sake of looking hip or exciting, and it is certainly more than the latest seat filling gimmick. It is about a commitment to extend God’s hospitality – and today's technology makes it truly easy for anyone to speak up, reach out and connect.
- Workshop participants explore how to engage, enrich and expand community, as they:
- Receive hands-on tutorials with Facebook, Twitter, blogging and YouTube
- Learn to identify and hone the purposes for engaging social media
- Begin to develop a social media strategy that fits individual contexts
- Explore how to use technology more effectively in worship, education, and spiritual formation
- Discuss the theological and ecclesiological implications of this age of social networking
Join the CPR Team and our Social Media consultants for these intensives. We promise this will change your ministry!
ONLINE LEARNING CENTER
Online learning courses at the Center for Progressive Renewal are centered on interaction and idea exchange. Our courses connect you to training that is both practical and cutting edge. We have developed this learning environment with the aim of being "the place church leaders go to learn." While every course includes opportunities for live interaction, much of the work takes place on your schedule. You can do the coursework anytime, day or night.
Courses are extended learning experiences stretching over 5-12 weeks offering in-depth exploration of a variety of church leadership topics.
Webinars are one-time web events where leaders learn about new resources and hear from leading practitioners.
NATIONAL CHURCH LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
“Praxis” speakers will include: the Rev. J Bennett Guess, UCC executive minister for Local Church Ministries Cameron Trimble and Michael Piazza, CPR co-executive directors; Phyllis Tickle, founder and editor of the religion department at Publishers Weekly; Kenneth Samuel, pastor of Victory for the World Church UCC in Stone Mountain, Ga.; Laurie Beth Jones, best-selling author and speaker; and Eric Elnes, author of “The Phoenix Affirmations: A New Vision for the Future of Christianity.”
Bring a team from your church to take full advantage of the full experience of:
- Skill-based training in church planting, growth and renewal;
- Networking opportunities with over 300 innovative church leaders;
- Take-away resources that will energize your ministry today;
- Sustainable connections that increase ministry effectiveness;
- Oh yeah, and fun after-hours events!!